The Mandir & community provides a base for the following organisations. If you wish to join any of the organisations, please either call in in person, and ask for the contact person.
1) Over 60′s club. Contact:- Mr Morarbhai S Patel/ Balubhai D Mistry on Wednesday morning at 11.00am to 12.00 noon.
2) S & J Stars – Bollywood dancing – Contact -Jaimal P Mistry, Sheilaben P Mistry, or Pravinbhai L Mistry by calling in on Wednesdays at 7.30pm.
3) Badminton Club runs every Monday from 7.30pm to 9.00pm. There is a small subscription to pay, and anyone can register to join the club and play.
4) Bhartiya Mahila Mandal – Women’s forum – Contact Mrs Prafulaben Paw, Mrs Indiraben B Bhatt. Meet every Tuesday 7.00pm to 9.00pm
5) Walsall Youth Club – Contact Dhiren Rana, or Jay Patel. Meet every Wednesday from 7.30pm to 9.00pm. Age up to 12 years.
6) Bal Mandal Walsall (BMW)- This is for children under 10, who come into the Mandir, every Sunday morning with their parents. They are taught about the Hindu religion, about the gods, their names, and learn some mantras as well. The group is headed by Bhavnaben Patel who is very passionate about what she wants to achieve for our new generation. Everyone is welcome to join in.
7) Gujarati Classes for beginners, and up to GCSE level runs on Saturday from 1.00pm. to 2.30. Contact Mahendrabhai Lad via the mandir. We have 1 teacher following Falguniben’s resignation, but Varshaben is doing an admirable job teaching both the beginners & the other group up to GCSE level. We are looking for a new teacher to replace Falguniben.
8) Our new project to start gujarati classes for Adults has also begun and we are looking for new recruits, so why not join in. Classes proposed to be held on Friday evenings from 7.00pm to 8.30pm. At least you will be able to help your children with their homework if they attend the childrens’ classes on Saturday. This will be up to GCSC level so the qualification will not be wasted.
9) We have installed a new Sinhasen for Ram Darbar which looks really fabulous. Why not come and have a look for yourself, and get the benefit of darshan of our mandir. We will be uploading some new photographs of the mandir soon. Please check this site for updates.
10) If you arethinking of keeping fit by doing some Yoga, please contact Hansaben Patel /Kajalben Paw to obtain details of the classes that you can join, or call into the mandir office any evening after 7.30pm to enquire, and enrol for the course. Classes run every Thursday 7.00 pm to 8.30pm.
If you have a wedding coming up, and wish to book the wedding hall, come and see us in the evenings (Mon- Thurs 7.30pm to 8.30pm.). We also provide a civil wedding (Registration) facility which is conducted straight after the mangal fera of the Hindu wedding ceremony. Shree Ram Mandir (Walsall) is an authorised place for the conduct of civil wedding ceremonies. We regret that this facility is only available after Hindu wedding ceremonies conducted in our mandir, on the day.